Whether you are escaping for warmer climates during spring break or simply headed to the beach for the weekend, we have you covered.
1) Sunscreen is a must. We’re big fans of spray versions, which make sure kiddos who are always on the move are well covered.
2) A lip balm with sun protection will also help to protect lips.
3) Aloe vera will help keep skin moisturized and healthy.
4) Bug spray will help keep sand flies and other critters away.
5) Talcum powder helps remove sand off bodies quickly.
6) Polarized sunglasses
will keep your little one’s eyes protected while allowing them to see with ease.
7) Hats help to protect your kids’ face from the sun.
8) Hair ties keep hair out of your little ones’ face.
9) Leave in conditioner helps protect hair.
10) Wet brushes due a great job at detangling hair post swim.
11) Bringing at least two sets of swim suits helps to make sure you always have a dry and clean coverage available.
12) A swim shirt will keep protect your kids from the sun and other beach elements.
13) If your little one is still in diapers, a swim diaper
will be key to enjoying the beach.
14) Water sandals that provide support and protection will help enjoy the day.
15) A sweatshirt or light jacket will help warm up the kiddos after a swim or if it gets cool at night.
16) Consider bringing beach towels
if your accommodations don’t provide them. We especially love towels with a hood.
17) A waterproof blanket will give you options for your crew to sit at the beach.
18) Beach chairs will keep you comfortable.
20) A tent will allow your kids to stay in the shade.
21) A baby carrier will help you transport your littlest one with ease.
22) A dry bag will keep your wet and sandy gear separate from your other items.
23) Have wipes available to clean sandy hands.
24) Hand sanitizer will also help to clean sandy hands.
25) A travel cooler
with ice packs will allow you to keep drinks and food like fruit cool for your trip.
26) Thermos, sippy cups and water bottles will ensure your kiddo stays hydrated.
27) Snack containers
will allow you to pack food and keep it sand-free. Healthy snacks, such as dried fruit, granola, nuts and mini bagels, will help to keep everyone happy.
28) First aid kit stocked with bandaids and Neosporin helps you be prepared for anything.
29) Consider throwing beach toys
, such as a shovel and pail sand set or frisbee, in your suitcase so that you’re always ready for an impromptu beach adventure. In a pinch, a coffee cup and spoon will also do the trick.
30) Goggles and snorkles will help your kiddo explore underwater.
31) Zip lock bags can be used for collecting shells at the beach and organizing items.
32) Fill a beach bag with books, magazines and gear to help you stay organized.
33) A waterproof travel speaker will allow your family to listen to tunes.
34) A waterproof case will help keep your valuables protected.
35) After playing all day at the beach, it can be fun for kids to color an ocean picture while waiting for dinner at a restaurant.
What other items do you bring for your family beach vacation? Let us know in the comments!
We hope you love the products on our list. Away Weego may at times use affiliate links to share products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.